Successful ModernizationsElectrical and Automation Systems
As a producer in the metallurgical industry, you know how important it is to constantly upgrade your equipment so you retain your market standing with excellent product quality. It's essential to stay alert and react rapidly to new requirements.
Here are four reasons to modernize:
- Improved product quality
- Higher production and productivity
- Lower production costs
- Greater availability
- Current-status analysis and detailed definition of requirements
- Shortest possible conversion or expansion time for updates, upgrades, and revamps
- Earlier return on investment due to fast recommissioning
SMS group modernization solutions cover all aspects of today's automation systems in metallurgical plants and rolling mills:
- Integrated new process technologies
- Reproducible process sequences
- Improved ergonomics and safety engineering
- Obsolete systems replaced
- Proven product quality applying technological variables throughout the process
Key steps of a modernization project:
- Current-situation analysis
- Change-over plan from "old" to "new"
- Plug & Work integration test
- Hot run test and shadow mode
- Production scheduling for run-up phase
What you gain after a revamp by SMS group is not only an optimal restart, but also the assurance that you'll achieve all your modernization goals.
"With the new laminar cooling line, we are able to produce hot strip for heavy vehicles with better load capacity and higher wear resistance than with our previous cooling section. This gives the end user a lower overall cost and has less impact on the environment,"
says Börje Sundell, Technical Manager at SSAB.
It takes a lot of know-how to meet the demands of a challenging world. SMS group offers you a store of expertise in all relevant processes. Principally, it's easy to differentiate between two main groups: cooling water circuits for production lines and ancillary facilities, and systems for the treatment and conditioning of additional and waste water.
Modernization of rolling mills - Electrical and automation systems
Future-proof complete solutions from one source - Electrics and Automation
Automation system of steelmaking plant successfuly upgraded at Hadeed Saudi Iron & Steel