Our strategy for decarbonization covers the complete process chain from iron and steel making to rolling and processing. Owing to the reheating of slabs to rolling temperature and the powerful mill stand drives, the hot rolling mill is the major energy consumer among the downstream processes.
The expert session shows technologies which are already available to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to leverage OPEX in a Hot Strip Mill. All measures can be easily applied in existing mills and can be part of a "quick-wins" strategy to save energy and at the same time reduce operating costs in the range of some million EUR.
- Hot and direct charging
- Advanced combustion optimization system
- Burner technology
- Minimzation of energy losses during hot rolling for reduced main drive electricity consumption
- Reduction of energy consumption of pumps for descaling, work roll cooling and strip cooling
- Energy savings in electrical main drives through heat retention
- Optimized energy consumption in fluid systems for descaling, work roll and strip cooling
Unfortunately, registration is no longer possible. If you have any questions, please contact the contact person of the event directly.
Simone GrimmSMS group GmbH
+49 2161 350 1603